Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know - we may be able to help you
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- A guide to care and support Information for carers and people who have care & support needs.
- Caring for someone Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- Taking a break Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Support and benefits for carers Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
Work and Disability Guidance, support and help with employment issues.
Being a Young carer Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers
Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under-65s
Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.Benefits for the over-65s
Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer's Assement
How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring